- Do not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related components. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.[/*]
- Fuel in the fuel system remains under high pressure even when the engine is not running. Before working on or disconnecting any of the fuel tubes or fuel system components, the fuel system pressure must be relieved. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.[/*]
- Release the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- CAUTION: When reusing liquid or vapor tube connectors, make sure to use compressed air to remove any foreign material from the connector retaining clip area before separating the tube.
NOTE: Carefully release the locking tabs to avoid breakage.
Release the fuel tube-to-fuel rail quick release coupling primary locking tab.
- Rotate the primary locking tab to the fully opened position and squeeze the secondary locking tabs to release the locking mechanism.
- Push the locking mechanism outward and release the tube.
- Disconnect the fuel rail pressure and temperature vacuum tube and electrical connector.
- Disconnect the 4 fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Remove the 2 fuel rail bolts and detach the wiring retainers from the fuel rail.
- Remove the fuel rail and injectors as an assembly and then remove the spacers.
- Remove the 4 fuel injector retainer clips and the fuel injectors.
- Remove and discard the 8 fuel injector O-ring seals.[/*]
- CAUTION: Use O-ring seals that are made of special fuel-resistant material. Use of ordinary O-rings can cause the fuel system to leak. Do not reuse the O-ring seals.
NOTE: Install new fuel injector O-ring seals and lubricate them with clean engine oil.
Install the fuel injectors and the retainer clips.
- Position the fuel rail spacers and the fuel rail.
- Install the fuel rail bolts and attach the wiring retainers.
- Tighten to 23 Nm (17 lb-ft).[/*]
- Connect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Connect the fuel rail pressure and temperature vacuum tube and electrical connector.
- Make sure the collar on the fuel tube is inserted fully into the quick release coupling before the locking tang is locked.[/*]
- Apply clean engine oil to the end of the tube before inserting a tube into the connector.[/*]
- Connect the quick lock coupling to the tube.[/*]
- Press the quick connect coupling locking tangs into position.[/*]
- Pull on the fitting to make sure it is fully engaged.[/*]
- Connect the battery ground cable.[/*]