Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to update my headlights on my 2002 Escape. I was looking through some of the threads and I saw a 2005 Escape with HIDs. And I really like that look. And I was wondering if there is a way I can put 2005-2007 headlights on the 2002 Escape. Also I want to put some foglights on my Escape but it did not come with factory foglights. There are spots for them if anyone has put foglights on a 2002 Escape. If anyone has any experience with either issue please reply.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not an expert at this, but as far as I know its farily easy. That is if you dont mind taking your front bumper off. There might be a how-to on the headlight swap, or someone else who has done it can help you. (I know theres quite a few of them)

I'm also thinking about the fog lights...

Can anyone else share some info on these subjects?

·
Registered
4 Posts
darnell3515 said:
Also I want to put some foglights on my Escape but it did not come with factory foglights. There are spots for them if anyone has put foglights on a 2002 Escape. If anyone has any experience with either issue please reply.
Since fog lights were an option on all escapes Ford decided to keep their light wiring kit as simple as possible. If you take off your front bumper you'll see that there already are connections for factory fog lights. So just buy the lights online (or if you love wasting money, from the dealership) cut out the plastic from the bumper where they go install and plug them in. You will have to purchase a fog light on/off switch for the dash, but there SHOULD be a stock connection for that also when you take your dash apart. Definitely get OEM switch even if you don't use the factory fogs. It's less wiring that way so it's safer for your electrical system. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
kmargraffjr said:
darnell3515 said:
Also I want to put some foglights on my Escape but it did not come with factory foglights. There are spots for them if anyone has put foglights on a 2002 Escape. If anyone has any experience with either issue please reply.
Since fog lights were an option on all escapes Ford decided to keep their light wiring kit as simple as possible. If you take off your front bumper you'll see that there already are connections for factory fog lights. So just buy the lights online (or if you love wasting money, from the dealership) cut out the plastic from the bumper where they go install and plug them in. You will have to purchase a fog light on/off switch for the dash, but there SHOULD be a stock connection for that also when you take your dash apart. Definitely get OEM switch even if you don't use the factory fogs. It's less wiring that way so it's safer for your electrical system. Good luck!
You will also need fog light mounting brackets if you decide to go OEM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an idea last night. What if I got the 2005-2007 headlights and put in HID lights. Would I have to do any wiring other then the ballast wiring? I was reading something yesterday saying the 2005-2007 headlights on to a 2002 is a direct bolt on. Is that correct?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Well, not exactly.

Physically, the 2005-2007 headlamps will fit on a 2001-2004 Escape. They use exactly the same mounting bolts and locations. The electrical connector is different, though, and the beam operations are different.

In 2005-2007 Escapes, the headlamps are designed so that when the high beams are on, the low beams are also on. The high beams are designed to reach farther forward at the expense of lighting around the front of the car, which is why the low beams stay on.

In 2001-2004 Escapes, the high beams and low beams operate separately.

The 2005-2007 E/M/Ts also have an entirely different electrical system from the 2001-2004 models.

For the fog lamps, the fog lamp electrical connectors and the mounting brackets are all different between the 2001-2004 Escapes and the 2005-2007 Escape. And while the fog lamps on 2005-2007 Escapes look the same, the 2005 Escape uses a different bulb and connector from 2006-2007 Escapes. But you can replace the bumper cover on a 2001-2004 Escape with the bumper cover from a 2005-2007 Escape, then splice the connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts