Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading some early 2005 escapes used 2004 end links? The gas and engine temp gauges would be black, not white, for the 05 to use 04 end links. 2005's with white gas/temp gauges would be 2005 end links. Is this true? I have black behind those gauges and wanted to order new MOOG w/ zerk fitting end links but dont want to have to return them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
They're not all the same? Maybe you could go to AutoZone and ask them to look up the part numbers for the 2004 and 2005 Escapes. If they're the same, then you can get them from AutoZone. I bought their Duralast brand for my 02 Escape and they were the Moog ones that people liked (they even say "Moog" on them).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I will tell you that I have an 04 Escape and the Moog links are great. The only issue is that if you look at the axle you can see where the zerk fittings rub against it. I have never heard it and I can only imaging that I happens on sharp curves and big bumps when the suspension fully compresses. It hasnt worn through the paint on the axle and its been almost two years. So I know it only happens every so often and again I have never heard it. I grease my links every 5k when I change my oil.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ajc6882 said:
I will tell you that I have an 04 Escape and the Moog links are great. The only issue is that if you look at the axle you can see where the zerk fittings rub against it. I have never heard it and I can only imaging that I happens on sharp curves and big bumps when the suspension fully compresses. It hasnt worn through the paint on the axle and its been almost two years. So I know it only happens every so often and again I have never heard it. I grease my links every 5k when I change my oil.
now that I've had them on a while. I should check them. The clunk came back, wonder if they became loose.....Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.