Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to be getting the escape, it's the 4 cylinder one. It has a 6 cd changer in in. Wondering if anyone could tell me where the speaker locations are and sizes of the speakers? Also what kind of stereo it has, are the speakers decent quality. Any info or help would be appreciated as i really want to have a good sounding system and don't have the patient to wait to get the car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Each door has a 5x7 speaker.

For a great sounding setup, replace the stock cd player for an aftermarket one, and I would go with new 5x7's in the back and new 5 1/4 components in the front, with the tweeter on the plastic triangle piece by the mirror.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok that sounds great thanks for the help. How does the system sound stock is it alright? I was also wondering would you recommend hooking up a sub and an amp first to get better sound, or swapping out the front door and rear door speakers? Is replacing the door speakers complicated, like do you have to take the doors apart on each one or is it just something where the grills pop off?

·
Registered
280 Posts
The most basic system in the earlier Escapes is pretty crummy. I've never heard the upgraded system (which has a subwoofer in the rear passenger cargo panel and tweeters in the sail panels). Even replacing the stock deck and speakers would make a large difference.

You have to remove the door panels in order to access the speakers, but that isn't too hard. The front doors are held on with 4 Philips screws: one in the door handle, one on the back of the door (facing the rear door jamb), one in the door latch cup, and one near the front of the door (you'll see the large cover when you open the door). Simply remove those screws and pull the panel off. Then disconnect the switch harness. You may, however, want to order some door panel clips because those things are easy to break. The speaker is right in front.

At the very least, you'll want to put some sound deadening in the doors and close off the giant holes in the door metal. I used fiberglass to make removable panels, but there are other ways too. I'm sure fourthmeal will be by to help explain in more depth.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm happy to help but what haven't we covered? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts