Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ford escape 2005..... I notice if am driving for like 10 to 20minutes it always move smooth and normal no issues but immediately I drive for like 45miniutes to 1hour probably wen everything is hot den the accelerator won't work properly again. If I press the accelerator panel down the vehicle won't move fast but moving slowly sometimes the engine will off. I change the fuel pump and filter but still having d same problem. Anybody wit ideal of wat may have been wrong. My engine and gear working fine and without smoke or anything. Pls wat is d solution to this problem. Thanks you

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!!

Sorry you are having issues with your Escape. First of all, do you have the 2.5 I-4 engine or the 3.0L V6 engine. Have you noticed a decrease in mileage (mpg or L/100km)? If you have noticed a decrease in mileage, your fuel injectors may need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does it throw any Codes? , engine check light come on?

Imo if your not up to speed with any mechanicals take it in and get the mechanic to do a quick check / quote as the issue could be quite varied , good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts