Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Escape passenger side headlights (low and high) no longer work, the park bulb still works. I purchased a new bulb for the low beam and replaced the original bulb but nothing happened! The original bulbs for both beams look fine. Then I went to the manual and starting looking at fuse information. I checked both high power and low power headlamp fuses (15 amp) and they are both fine. Then I got my voltmeter and pulled both lamps out, disconnected the plugs and checked for power coming into each plug. Both high and low beam plugs indicate they are receiving power. So why do the lamps not work? I called the local dealer and they of course have no clue but would be willing to look at it if I brought it in to be serviced. Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. I'm on a budget and this is bugging me, it can't be that hard of a problem---but apparently it is. Hoping someone might have a idea or may have heard of this problem before?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I think I can help here.

The headlamps also have three larger fuses in the Battery Junction Box (BJB), under the hood, along the fender on the driver side of the car.

F21 is a 40A BJB fuse (this fuse is wired in series with the F6 fuse in the main fuse panel on the passenger side of the center console). The F21 BJB fuse is my guess.

F2 and F3 are 25A BJB fuses that may also be involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts