Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife and I just got our first car together, and I want to give it a little edge, so I thought I would start with a great sounding muffler that wont break the bank. I've talked to a few muffler shops around town here and majority of them said the Escape line doesn't leave hardly any room under the chassis to do any upgrading to the exhaust, which is o.k. But I'm leaning more towards the muffler swap.

Anyone here have any idea where I should lean? Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Cherry Bomb (Is that honestly a muffler co?)

I'm not a very knowledgeable person when it comes to car mechanic stuff, I just want my wife's to look nice, and get rid of that leaf blower sound it makes off the factory line. You know?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You could just buy the CD sound track to the movie Bullitt or Ronin...

but if that's not for you. Do a search on Scooter Scott's earlier posts. He had an aftermarket performance exhaust. I don't know that any of them are inexpensive. Some are bolt on, so you could do-it-yourself and save a few $$$. I have seen a couple on ebay, couldn't hurt to look there for grins and giggles.

·
Registered
280 Posts
There's quite a few videos on YouTube with people showing off their Escapes' new exhausts. You could listen to those videos to see which brand of exhaust you like the sound of the most. You could probably find the videos by searching for "Ford Escape [brand name]", or something like that. For example, try "Ford Escape Magnaflow" as your search phrase.

Also note that the exhaust systems I've seen cost over $400. :shock:

·
Registered
122 Posts
If an exhaust is what your looking for there's a few guys on ebay that sell "mystery" systems. I have msg'd them and they are Magnaflow and can be had for about $375 shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ho Ho Hum. Ok, thanks guys I'll have a look at it.

I kinda figured that they would be in excess of $350+.

Headin over to youtube haha. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
490 Posts
IIRC, the Gibson aluminized Cat Back system goes for around $250ish (last time I looked). Just get an aftermarket muffler (highly recommend Magnaflow), and have a shop cut old on out, weld new one in. Also have them remove any resonators if present.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.