Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Im at a loss. 2006 escape . 3.0l 4wd.

Im at this. Turn ignition on. All good. Drive or reverse is fine. As long as i dont touch the throttle.

The second i even touch the fuel pedal. Boom 4wd flashes 10 times.
And boom u2023 code.

I found some green on the input throttle sensor. So i changed it and the connector.
Figured might as well change the tps. So its new.

I seem to get proper ohmage thru the signal wire from tps to pcm.

Any help would be awesome.

Is the 4wd module under the center console? Only thing i can think of now. Without replacing pcm

Btw if i start the vehicle. If i touch the throttle even when in park. Hhe 4wd flashes. And u2023 code. Not even in gear !!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
From a quick search, I think this is a CAN bus problem. The bus is a data link connecting 'modules' that control specific functions in the vehicle. If the bus cannot communicate, you'll get an error, as noted, and possible lock out of functions.
You may get a better idea by searching, or watching the youtube video about the U2023 problem on the 'south main auto' channel.
tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if anyone cares to be updated. I went to my diff. Unplugged the active torque coupling connector off top of diff. Measured no resistance. Found the connector pin on component side was enlarged and pushed out. Refitted connector and all is good now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So if anyone cares to be updated. I went to my diff. Unplugged the active torque coupling connector off top of diff. Measured no resistance. Found the connector pin on component side was enlarged and pushed out. Refitted connector and all is good now.
Where was the 'component side' plug located? I have this issue too.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts