Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
I personally don't, but I see plenty of Gen 1 Escapes on the road, maybe because it stands out more, but lots of bananas. I see enough Gen 2, most Gen 3 are mall cops and Geico insurance and fleet. Only once I went to Colorado did I see a fair number of Gen 3.5 (2017-2019) and quite a few Gen 4.

I would guess that Gen 1 are the most owned on this site, maybe close with Gen 2.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
I have owned one Gen 1 Escape (2003 XLT 4WD), and two Gen 3 Escapes (2013 and 2016). Both of the Gen 3 Escapes were Titanium trim level with the 2.0 L EcoBoost engines and FWD.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own a 2005 FEH with 260,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Over the life of the vehicle, nothing major has happened. Just minor maintenance. I own a repair shop and do the maintenance myself. What really sets this vehicle apart from all the other hybrids, the ability to recharge the high voltage battery with enough juice to crank the engine with a fully charged 12v battery. Is there any other hybrid that can do this? Not that I have seen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still have a first generation Ford Escape Xlt V6. It’s a great little car, relatively good gas mileage, enough power, and a good 4WD system. I had my transmission go out once, but that may be because I was rear ended. 126,000 miles and going strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts