Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2006 Ford Maverick XLT

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Lupo116 
#1 ·
Here are some photos I took yesterday, when I had a little time between two customer appointments. :shades:

And this is what I drive on weekends :)

Greetings from Austria,
Lupo

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice Maverick, and really nice pictures!

We went to Italy last year and went as far north as Lake Garda, which (I think) is just south of you. That's an absolutely beautiful area!

#9 ·
Thank you guys for your nice comments! I'm still totally stoked with the car. :wave:

I wasn't sure about the spoiler at first, but now I like it as well. :D Makes me look a lot faster :hyst:

Greetings,
Lupo

#10 ·
jpark said:
Nice Maverick, and really nice pictures!

We went to Italy last year and went as far north as Lake Garda, which (I think) is just south of you. That's an absolutely beautiful area!
Hi jpark!

I nearly missed that one. Yes, you're right, the Italian border is just 38km (23 miles) away (only 30km if you use the AWD ;) ) and it's only 2 1/2 hour drive to Lake Garda. My sister actually has a flat there, so we're there quite often. I love the landscape, the food and the people. Although driving in Italy can be.... exciting, to say at least. :shock:

Have a nice day!
Lupo

#13 ·
I bought myself a bike-carrier, only to find out that it won't fit because of the rear spoiler. So I had to fiddle around with it and finally it worked fine. Drove 500km with it on bumpy roads and highways and nothing fell off. :bang: :whistle:

So here's a picture of me trying to get the bikes on the carrier without getting killed from some maniac italian driver :bill:

Here's a picture for you, jpark!!!!!!!

Lago di Garda with a Ford Maverick in front of it (you'll also notice the bike-carrier ;) )

#14 ·
That carrier looks pretty good. :thumb: Do they all hold the bikes up that high on the back? Seems like you'd better remember it's all back there or else you'll have some expensive stuff on the road... :doh:

#15 ·
Hi Jonas1022!

jonas1022 said:
Do they all hold the bikes up that high on the back?
There are also towbar monted carriers available, which I would've preferred. The bikes are a lot closer to the ground, which is good for your air drag, and thanks to a genius mechanism you could also open the rear door even with the bikes mounted.

Unfortunately I don't have a towbar. Fitting one AND buying a carrier would cost about 700,- EUR. So I ran for the cheaper solution...

#16 ·
That's what I was thinking, but I don't have a trailer reciever hitch either. Then again, if I'm taking the bikes out it's in the back of our F-150. The Tribute doesn't have much load bearing jobs, it's more for my wife and to haul her mom about...she has all manner of stuff. Oxygen tanks, wheel chair, etc.

#17 ·
Lupo116 said:
<snip>Here's a picture for you, jpark!!!!!!!

Lago di Garda with a Ford Maverick in front of it (you'll also notice the bike-carrier ;) )
Lake Garda was amazing. I wish I could have had a bike (and a few days) to tour it. Maybe next year...

#19 ·
* It's winter (tyre) time! *

Although it's really warm outside, our government had that idea, that everyone has to drive with winter tyres from november to april. Actually no bad idea, since snow covered roads are quit common in the mountains. :thumb:

So I bought myself some cheap alloys (Borbet "Design CA") and fittet 215/70 R16 Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 winter tyres. Detailed review will be posted, when I find some snow. All I can say so far is that they are quit loud on highway speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.