Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl just bought one used with some really nice low miles. It is a luxury model i believe with leather and all the little goodies that it came with. The stock radio says it plays MP3s and other such things. I saw on it that it has AUX button and SAT button. I have 3 questions:

1. Does the AUX button go to a plug or something like that anywhere in the car? I have seen new models have 3.5mm plug so that external devices can be connected.

2. If the radio has the SAT button does that mean it has Satellite radio. The dealer was kind of dumb to these questions and i did not really expect them to know.

3. If both of these questions end in do not exist and does not work is there any adapters that i can get that work well that allow these items to plug in.

I am very good with radio installs but this thing confuses me a little and and having a hard time finishing information on it. if you guys know of any nice after market that fit in that whole suggestions for that are welcome too. I know it is not din or din 2. it kind of looks like the GM din 1.5 but not sure.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'll try to answer.

1. Don't think so. The 07s didn't. There are possible ways to ad this, but it's probably not worth the hassle -- when you can get a much better-sounding aftermarket HU for ~$100.

2. Not necessarily...only if you have the antenna on your roof (and the Sat receiver). Once again, you could purchase all the parts, but it probably wouldn't be worth it in the end. In the 08+, the Sat receiver is under passenger seat.

3. As stated above, anything is possible to make these work. In the end, you'd be much better (and less expensive) going aftermarket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.