Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other ride.
4.0 liter V-6 FX4 off road package. 31" tires, forged aluminum rims, etc

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've said it once and I will say it again. I love that truck WeeBee!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Me too. The color is awesome!! And it just looks like a fun truck to drive. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I third that motion. I still love the Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I washed it yesterday. I'll take new pictures with the mods I've done to it. Bed cover, vent visors. I really like the look with the tonue (sp) on it.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Tonneau? ;)

I hear the hard tonneaus help gas mileage a lot. Have you tried a mesh-tailgate to see if MythBusters was right about that saving the most gas?

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking into the hard covers but really didn't like the look of them on this truck which is why I went with the soft cover. Also, if you suddenly find or buy something big what are you going to do with hard cover? I watch myth busters just about every day.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've said this somewhere else before, but I want your truck! :D

Question... I thought the FX4 package came with standard bucket seats with center console/armrest? Did you order it with the split bench?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I love Myth Busters...those guys are my heroes :)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stryford said:
I've said this somewhere else before, but I want your truck! :D

Question... I thought the FX4 package came with standard bucket seats with center console/armrest? Did you order it with the split bench?
I think the buckets come standard on the regular cab Ranger FX4. But I could be mistaken. When I bought this one there was about 20 Rangers on the lot, but I zeroed right to this one.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I don't blame ya weebee...that one looks like it would stick out from anything else on the lot.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
its too bad that the ranger didnt get a 4dr, instead ford had to have the sport trac. your looks great, and ive driven a few rangers, and its too bad i couldnt get a more "family suited" ranger. cause i like them. i used to own an 89 extended, 2wd with a 2.9 its was a beast. haha. fun to drive, but i had to chose. do i take the wife or do i take my daughter haha

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Ranger is pretty much my daily driver. I wouldn't try getting our whole family in it. Although it was kind of funny watching my 6'3" 250 pound son cram himself into the jump seat!
This Ranger has the single over head cam 4.0 liter V-6 in it and she moves along pretty good if you step on the go pedal.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Do I detect another supercharger project in the works?

:shades:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
The " Myth Busters". Yes, i follow that program series. They have it on television down under. :)// That is a nice blue on the ranger.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AndreK said:
Great looking Truck, how is the MPG consumption as compared to the Escape?
Sorry I looked over this post. Well, there is no comparison to my Escape. I have a Hybrid. But I've been getting about 22-23 miles per gallon on the Ranger.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts