Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a piano black center console/cup holder for my 09 escape, but have decided to ditch the plan to swap the one I have out now.

I would be willing to sell this piece for the right price, so if you are interested you can make me an offer and if you would like to see a picture of it shoot me an email, along with any other questions you may have about it.

email: [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
ha ha funny to see that... i bought a new 2010 with sport package that come with piano black console without sync system and when the car arrived at the dealer, it has the sync sign hooked at the retrovisor and the sync badge on the console but i dont have the sync system installed!!! error at the plant :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
gbrown69 said:
ha ha funny to see that... i bought a new 2010 with sport package that come with piano black console without sync system and when the car arrived at the dealer, it has the sync sign hooked at the retrovisor and the sync badge on the console but i dont have the sync system installed!!! error at the plant :)
Complain to dealer -- tell them your Sync doesn't work. ;) If they are advertising all over your interior, I'd complain.

·
Registered
467 Posts
kkreit01 said:
gbrown69 said:
Complain to dealer -- tell them your Sync doesn't work. ;) If they are advertising all over your interior, I'd complain.
good idea hehe

they'll have to replace the steering wheel as i didn't get sync button on it :-o

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't think there is a "Sync" button on the steering wheel. I think the only additional button on a Sync equipped Escape is a button with a "Phone Handset" icon on it. Otherwise, press the "Media" button to the inside (it will click inside and outside), and see if the Sync lady asks for a command.

For some reason I thought that Sync was standard on XLT trim, and above, for the 2010 model year, but I'm probably wrong. It should be standard on Limited trim.

·
Registered
467 Posts
a friend of mine have an xlt with the 500$ sync option and have 4 button on the right side of the steering that command tuner and a media button that control mp3 and the like...

but on mine when i touch the phone icon button the message center displays... no phone and in the user manual, they tell that it's what appear when the option is not installed

:roll:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes, but does the "MEDIA" button have two buttons internally? Press the outside of the button to toggle between sources and press the inside of the button to initiate a voice command.

·
Registered
467 Posts
nope! no media button as you can see on this pic...

Car was ordered without sync option but i got the sync logo on center console as well as the hanger that was on the inside mirror... error at the plant as the sync module isn't installed nor the controls on the steering wheel!

:shock:

at least, i have a beautiful Microsoft Sync badge on my center console...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
That steering wheel looks so naked. I would have expected you to at least have volume controls on the steering wheel... guess not though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yeah! i think that volume control on steering come on the limited trim or with sync, but i had no use for sync as it cost 500$ i prefered leather and sport package....

you know, we have to make choice some times... :rockon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.