Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2008 Ford Escape XLS a week or so ago. I did not realize it until I got home, that it doesn't have cruise control. Has any members added cruise control to their 2008-2011 Escapes. What do I need to do to have it installed. From what I understand, all I need to do is purchase, and install a steering wheel with the cruise bottons, and have Ford enable the cruise on the ECM. Is this correct? Sorry if this has been brought up before, but want to make sure I don't spent needless 100's of dollars on a new steering wheel from Ford. Thanks, Jack... :rockon:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome to the city Jack, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will come along soon and give you some useful information.

:welcome:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You'll need the steering wheel buttons, and the cruise control module that goes under the hood(there is one on my 04)Not sure if the dash indicator bulbs will be installed in the gauge cluster either, so you may need these. You may even need to get the wiring to connect all the components together. I do know that my mother bought a car a few years back and for some reason it didnt get the cruise control she ordered with the car. They ended up adding a after market unit that worked great and was way less costly than adding the factory cruise control. That could be another option. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
True after market CC are cheaper and work like OEM. And from what I under stand not hard to install, unless you have stick shift, there maybe an issue with having a nuetral sensor put on so you dont have the tranny in gear and then hot the remote.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like after doing all KINDS of research, there is not a cruise control kit for the 2008 Escape. Ford dosen't even offer a kit! I've been in contact with Ford. Every after market kit available is for 2001-2007 Escape and 2009-2011. Nothing for 2008! This is unreal, and hard to believe. What in the heck is with that? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wow thats hard to believe, but i guess, cause after 08 the engine did switch up. I havent had the chance to look at both side by side. But I would suspect that the culprot would be the throttle body location?

jackdk said:
Looks like after doing all KINDS of research, there is not a cruise control kit for the 2008 Escape. Ford dosen't even offer a kit! I've been in contact with Ford. Every after market kit available is for 2001-2007 Escape and 2009-2011. Nothing for 2008! This is unreal, and hard to believe. What in the heck is with that? :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts