Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just hoping to rack some brains and see if anyone has any potential solutions. The issue is like in the title, a P0755 code coming up which after looking online seems to be a transmission issue. The car is shifting ok up to 3rd gear and then 3-4 doesn't happen, it revs to around 4-5k but won't change, and then will drop revs and then keep going up to around 5k, lurching forward during the whole time.

I had a quick look online and it suggested low ATF or dead ATF could be an issue,having looked at that it seems pretty pink, no obvious contamination and no burnt smell so just wondering if anyone could help? There are other potential issues suggested online too, but I was hoping there might be an easy/cheap solution before I commit to taking it into a shop.

Thanks a lot guys!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
I know the original 4 speed automatic transmissions were prone to "shuddering" when shifting between 3rd and 4th. It is difficult to explain. It is more of a "seat of the pants" thing that is felt.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The automatic fitted for 2001-2008 was the CD4E. Your vintage would likely have the latest and greatest improvements made during its production run.
You can research problem symptoms, but my expectation is that it will need disassembly for any repair. It could be a valve body or shift solenoid problem.
As I understand, the valve body and solenoid array can be swapped or replaced without complete disassembly and while the transmission is still in the vehicle. I have not done that, so don't bet the farm. Both are mounted on the forward facing pan on the front side of the transmission.
Wish I could say more.
tom

After poking around a bit, went here:

Code 755 is a solenoid failure per the list. Click on the number you want for more information about possible causes.
tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, and the link. I had found that myself after looking around. Was hoping some was going to say something like "it's a common sticking solenoid issue, hit it 'here' with a hammer and you will be alright" 😅 wishful thinking on my part.

I had it towed to a transmission shop and hoping they discover something cheap.

I did see elsewhere that the 09 tranny's had an issue with the band's breaking commonly so praying for that!

Thanks for the help all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out it was a buggered Solenoid B like the code said, shops replacing the solenoid pack, parts and labour for CAD$700, not the end of the world thankfully! Although i now have a new problem with my 01 escape! Oh the joys of car ownership....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts