12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: Escape shown, Mariner similar.

Item - Part Number - Description
1 - Sail panel
2 - Door handle finish panel
3 - Door handle screw
4 - W505004 - Door inside handle screw
5 - W505004 - Front door trim panel screw (3 required)
6 - 14631 - LH power window electrical connectors
7 - Door handle
8 - 23942 RH / 23943 LH - Front door trim panel

Removal and Installation

NOTE: LH side shown, RH side similar.

1) Remove the door sail panel.
* If equipped, disconnect the power mirror electrical connector.

2) Open and remove the door handle finish panel.
* Pull the door handle outward to fully access the door handle finish panel.

3) Remove the door handle screw.

4) Remove the door inside handle screw.

5) Remove the 3 door trim panel screws.

6) Remove the door trim panel.
* Pull outward and then upward on the door trim panel.
* Disconnect the electrical connectors.

7) Remove the door handle from the door trim panel.
* Disconnect the electrical connector.
* Press the 2 retaining tabs while pushing the door handle from the door trim panel.
* Remove the door handle from the door trim panel by pulling it back through the door trim panel.

8) To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Flat head screwdriver, poke at the sides.

Mine fell off once.... so maybe slamming the door really hard loosens it too. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here. I registered just to see the images... but all of the images in this thread are broken. :-(

Any chance of reposting them?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I see them just fine...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Did this tonight, didn't fix the problem I was hoping. Forgot to remove one screw and parts went flying for a moment. The door is back just as FMC intended, less one small part... I call this a cost saving measure.

I've got pictures of what's behind the trim panel and the sail (mirror control), I'll post on request.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same process on a 2011, swapped the front speakers out a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure you can say 2008-2011 with no worries. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Extremely helpful. Thanks very much guys. Though I just replaced the driver-side mirror (heated, with blind-spot corner) and after beginning to remove the entire door panel, I realized I didn't need to remove the entire panel just to replace the mirror. The three bolts holding the mirror are easily accessed just by removing the inner control panel (where the remote mirror controller is located).

Thanks again!

SJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for this.

There was one screw in my 2010 Escape, in the little plastic holder below the handle that had a screw that needed to be removed, you just had to move the little piece of plastic to reveal the screw. Edit: Appears I didn't read step 4.

Removing the door panel I just pulled hard from the furthest bottom corner until it popped, and continued to go around and pop up the other corners, then from there it was just lifting up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
JPark: Is it possible to host your pictures on another site since PhotoBucket is pulling the plug?

Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts