Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: Escape shown, Mariner similar.

Item - Part Number - Description
1 - Door handle finish panel
2 - Door handle screw
3 - W505004 - Door handle pull cup screw
4 - W505004 - Rear door trim panel screw (3 required)
5 - Door handle
6 - 27406 RH / 27407 LH - Rear door trim panel

Removal and Installation

NOTE: LH side shown, RH side similar.

1) Open and remove the door handle finish panel.

2) Remove the door handle screw.

3) Remove the door handle pull cup screw.

4) Remove the 3 door trim panel screws.

5) Remove the door trim panel.
* Pull outward and then upward on the door trim panel.
* Disconnect the electrical connector.

6) Remove the door handle from the door trim panel.
* Press the 2 retaining tabs while pushing the door handle from the door trim panel.
* Remove the door handle from the door trim panel by pulling it back through the door trim panel.

7) To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should see a small slot in the circular screw cover under the handle. Using a small, flat-blade screwdriver, carefully pry off the cover using the screwdriver in that slot. Then you can remove the screw and the handle finish panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey my window came loose and I'm trying to fix it and I got to the secret screw and it has 6 points what kind of screwdriver do I need to get and whare can I get it

·
Registered
482 Posts
You'll need a Torx screwdriver. Like any other screwdriver, they come in different sizes. You can get a decent set from any hardware or tool store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Man You Just same my day,Because someone try break-in my rear window,forcing the glass down,and now i need to find a way to hold the glass in place until send to repair or fix it myself. :clap:

·
Registered
19 Posts
jpark said:
You should see a small slot in the circular screw cover under the handle. Using a small, flat-blade screwdriver, carefully pry off the cover using the screwdriver in that slot. Then you can remove the screw and the handle finish panel.
Do you know if this applies for the 2012 model also?? After an hour, I still can't figure out how to get the door finish panel off. There is no circular screw cover anywhere that I can see. I've tried to pull it, I've tried to pry it, and all I have done is scratched the heck out of the finish panel.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
There are five screws to remove, and the panel should snap right off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
lilblue said:
The finish panel just snaps into place. The screw for the handle cup is behind it.
Any advice on what tool to use to snap the panel off? I tried to use a small screwdriver, but the plastic is so flexible, it just bent the finish panel.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Just open the door and pull the panel towards you, directly away from the door. This method worked on a Mariner that was at a pick and pull yard that I went to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts