Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my new speakers in, it took me a while to figure this out so I figured I would maybe help some people out. Now other than the screws that are on the outer edge of the door panel holding it to the door, and the screw in the handle part of the part that houses the window switches etc., there is one other little trick. Behind the door handle from the inside there is a little plastic panel. What you need to do is get a small flat head screw driver and there is a little open slot where u can put the tip of the screw driver in and pop that little panel out. There is now a screw there that needs to be taken out. You than just pull the door panel but dont yank to hard because just like every other door panel, there are small clips that it clips to. Removal is very simple and takes only a matter of minutes to do. Just an fyi, if I missed anything feel free to add on as I have already done this and just going off memory.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont right now because I did this a wile ago and wasnt even on the forum yet but like I have read in other forums, I will be told to take it back apart, snap some pics and put it back together, lol so that is what I will do. I will try to get them on here tomorrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no risk of breaking things.. after you do the first one it takes all of 5 minutes to remove one, so i have no problem doing it to help a fellow escape owner out.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Another thing to watch is that when snapping the plastic clips back on, make sure all the clips are lined up before you start pressing them in. When I had to send my car out to get a right side window replaced, whoever did the installation failed to line up one of the clips and bent it. That caused the door handle guard to become misaligned and the handle would not retract by itself. Luckily, the plastic clips are fairly flexible and I managed to line it back up without snapping it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts