Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
507 Posts
Today my main A/C temperature control dial on my ‘08 Escape Hybrid stopped working. The temperature setting is stuck and won’t change when I rotate the knob. All the other dials work - volume, tuning, fan power, passenger temp - this is the only one that has stopped working. Any idea of how to fix this?

I’ve tried detaching the LV battery to reset the whole system but that just reset the set temp to 75, and it still won’t change from there. This makes me think it might be that the dial itself has just worn out? That seems like it’d be a pain to replace though.

Also note that the A/C itself still works perfectly fine, I just can’t adjust the temperature anymore. I also recall this same thing happening to me once in the past, but I don’t know how I got it resolved.
Hi Matt, welcome
Hmmm, sounds kind of like a wire came unplugged, Or a wire that was breaking, broke… Have you ever torn apart your dash before? It's easy. You can see a YouTube video on it

does anything happen when you hit the sync button, to eliminate separate passenger control?

have you tried the Fonzie trick?

You wouldn't replace just the dial, you would swap the entire control unit… Salvage yard would be fine, You might have to relearn the module, but I wouldn't think so if you get one out of the exact same year range.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
507 Posts
I can’t for the life of me figure out how these dials interface with the circuit board?
maybe a magnet... I would do a side-by-side compare, and see if there is anything obvious like a magnet missing.
There are two little square shaped metal panels, that I believe are the contacts. Inspect circuit board for anything that looks different from the side that functions.(squares are contact points)

use a paperclip, and see if it sticks to anything, then make sure it is sticking to the same parts on the different knobs(circled what might be magnets)

it does not look like you could swap knob sides, but when you reassemble, make sure the knobs seat correctly, maybe one was out of position to make contact
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Alloy wheel

Tool Font Machine Engineering Auto part

I think you will need to swap it, even if you did locate the issue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts