Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Ford Escape with Basic Factory Sirius Radio. Which we bought in April of 2007
I can't seem to find out how to get the radios activation number to show up on it's screen.
I looked through the message board here and couldn't see anything so I appoligize now if it is here on the board.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
if you look in your owners manual it will tell you. i know you hit the sat. button, then you hit a couple more keys on the radio and itll give you your module number.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I love it when members help members!!!! :yahoo:

You likely had a years subscription or something like that originally so it may be expired now but getting the radio code is still necessary to active. I would guess you need to contact the provider still to understand you terms.

·
Registered
254 Posts
once you get that code, your ESN #...it will display on your upper display...you just call sirius and give them that number to activate your service. or if you already have sirius service you can add it online to your account. but how to get the code is in the owners manual...page 31...but you hit the sat button to put it into sat radio mode....then you press AUX and PRESET 1 control simultaneously. just went out in the cold and got my owners manual.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
stone said:
Is there much variety on satellite radio? :)
Yes there is. I have sirius and there is every station imaginable including comedy, sports, and stations dedicated to a specific type of music. I enjoy listening to the 80's station. I alternate between satellite radio and my ipod. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Colleen said:
I enjoy listening to the 80's station. I alternate between satellite radio and my ipod. :)
Hmm wish I had that. The only local stations around here play today's el'screamo kinda music :wall:

Gotta love the 80's :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help :)
The owners manual I have tells me how to operate barely lol
I was looking for the code to allow internet access and put it through the home stereo without leaving it on in the escape.

Where we live radio stations are few and far between, and I bought a sirius radio when they first came out and it made all my travelling a lot more enjoyable.
The only way I have ever been able to get the code is to let it expire and yes I wrote it down but as we all know, what is written on paper disappears unless it's a traffic ticket lol.

Will keep trying, the button combinations and will post my findings here.

Have a good one, and thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts