Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has done an HID change on the 5202 bulb found on 08 and up foglamps? If so what was the wattage you used?

I just got mine and i am wondering if the 35w might be too hot and melt the housing?

droptop

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Pretty sure all halogen bulbs are 55w, so 35w should be okay. A guy from a local HID dealer quoted me $170 for a pair of 5202's, and I told him I would have to wait until the summer to get them. But I'm not an expert... hopefully someone who knows the right answer will respond.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I've always wondered if the fog light fit would be a bit messy since it would spread light up and down, as opposed to the headlights, which seem to have a bias to point light towards the ground. Some other users on this forum have installed HIDs with no problem (and surprisingly little problem with glare)... so maybe it will be the H13s first instead of the 5202s. There are some LED 5202s online by Oracle..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.