Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Citizans, I'm currently renting a Hertz 2008 Silver Mariner 4X4 with the V6... It sure seems to be a different SUV from my 2004. There are things I like but I think more that I don't like. So I thought I'd share...

Interior styling is much better with chrome accents etc.

Nice stock stereo sound.

Lots of head room!!!

Exterior styling is starting to grow on me and now that I have seem many with good wheels I like the new looks.

Dislikes

The ride seems stiffer then mine even after the lowering kit. But it doe snot corner well. Lots more body roll (Even when Mine was stock)

The window frame is higher and even at 6'4" it seems my elbow is pointing up to rest my arm on it.

Not sure I like the radio arrangement. The volume knob indents seem to fall alittle too loud or alittle to soft with no happy middle.

SO far I've gotten 17 MPG on the ighway trip up from Ft Lauderdale to Tampa. Not so good. Mine iwth the SC does better on the highway!!!!.

That's it. Just an FYI

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
One of our friends rented a Mariner when he was in town.
Are the newer models bigger?? It just seemed bigger on the inside and out.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Not larger in any dimension. ;) They do have a higher beltline, and with it the bottom of the windows has crept upward an inch or so. And that has to do with less glass area = more passenger protection in collisions. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts