Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has attempted to "upgrade" a manual hvac system into a Dual Zone, with Automatic Temp control.

I've got a 2008 XLT with the external temp, and automatic headlights (sun load sensor) -- I have the shop manuals and it looks pretty straight forward. I pulled a DATC (cables, sensors, main heater/blower box) from a wrecked 2008 mariner, and just hooked up the DATC controls in my 2008 to see what would happen -- and the main display instantly knew it was attached, and you could dial up and down the seperate temperatures on the display, obviously the fan didn't come on since it's different and has a different cable -- but that was a good step forward.

If you've tried this, or have thought about it, let me know your thoughts!

- Frank

·
Registered
384 Posts
I haven't tried it, but it sounds like an awesome idea...even one my wife would let me attempt! If it goes well, let the rest of The City know how you did it...I bet many of us wouldn't mind this upgrade!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I want to do this as well.

Any idea what part numbers I would need to order?

Keep us updated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
There's probably some custom wiring or custom connector you would need to make to get the factory-installed (manual) connector to work properly with the replacement (automatic). But, hey, if this can be done, I'm in.

Got any pictures of the parts you pulled?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts