Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. just got my escape 2 months ago. and I have experienced this on at least 4 occasions where i start the car, shift it into either drive or reverse and the whole car lurches. My foot is fully on the brake, it doesnt really bunny hop or anything like that, but it really lurches. Any ideas what this could be??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It's not normal just one of several possible 6F35 problems. If your lucky the TSB that does a PCM reflash will cure your problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could be that it's on fast idle when initially started up prior to being warm, so that when you put it in gear, it kind of jumps in gear because of the high idle?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
LIEscape said:
Could be that it's on fast idle when initially started up prior to being warm, so that when you put it in gear, it kind of jumps in gear because of the high idle?
+1 for the high cold idle.

Try it after a minute of cold idleing. My F-150 is still that way after 15 years.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also forget about the cold idle occasionally... which can be a bit of a shock when you are inside an underground parking garage and the truck lurches! :)

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts