Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been asked before, but I didn't see an answer so I'll throw the question out again in hopes somebody knows...
What's included in the 2009 3.0L towing package (Canadian option $500) ?
Our truck didn't come with it, so the dealer is adding the class II hitch after factory (cost $400).
So I'm wondering what am I missing that came with the OEM?
I think factory are notched into the bumper, whereas ours will likely be mounted below that..but what other differences...?
Thanks,
Jackie.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I can't find much information on the 2009s, but the earlier Escapes' tow packages included just the hitch, trailer wiring, and an engine oil cooler. No upgraded suspension or anything like that.

The Ford Canada site lists all 2009 FWD Escapes as coming with a standard engine oil cooler, but the FWD V6 is still rated at 2000 lbs without a towing package. Maybe Ford got rid of the standard auxiliary transmission cooler after they upgraded to the six-speed - do you have an extra tiny radiator in front of the standard one, about six inches tall?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are still waiting on delivery. Hubby will be going over it with a fine tooth comb when it arrives and I'll post back..in case anyone else is curious..thanks!

edited to add:
Tow package does not include oil cooler or tranny cooler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts