Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory: 8L8Z-19N619-AB
Motorcraft: FP-66

·
Registered
490 Posts
I figured I'd keep adding to this list. My dealer wanted MSRP for the filter -- which is $41+. Purolator and Bosch list a part number cross reference for Ford's FP66. My Advanced Auto Parts had the Purolator in stock:

Purolator BreatheEASY - C25685 - $17.77

I installed it today. It took about 5 minutes thanks to the instructions posted here. Also, the air box/lid is somewhat lame/flimsy (as mentioned here also). The steel mesh in there tore up my hand some. It isn't a very tight fit, but hopefully it will help some.

Hopefully Wix or Fram will be out with one soon. Fram makes pretty decent air filters, but I never touch their oil filters :bang:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
These odd-shaped filters started showing up sometime during the 2007 MY, but most sites list the old rectangular filter for all 2007 Escapes. If your 2007 will not take a rectangular filter, this is the one you want!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kkreit01 said:
I figured I'd keep adding to this list. My dealer wanted MSRP for the filter -- which is $41+. Purolator and Bosch list a part number cross reference for Ford's FP66. My Advanced Auto Parts had the Purolator in stock:

Purolator BreatheEASY - C25685 - $17.77
Great info, thanks. Funny, when I first called my Ford dealer about the air filter they told me the price was $41. But when I went there later that day, they said they repriced many of the add-on parts and then gave me the new price of $24.95. Next time I'll be looking for that Purolator filter.

Did the Purolator filter come with those pieces of double stick tape? I thought it was ridiculous that the filter was to be taped in place, and I was in fear of the tape drying out and getting sucked into the fan.

·
Registered
490 Posts
No tape with the Purolator. I was looking for some -- because I remembered your post. I just sort of sat it in there, and pushed down until it was as snug as it could get.

Bosch lists part # P3725, but I can't really tell if it's available yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Squishy said:
These odd-shaped filters started showing up sometime during the 2007 MY, but most sites list the old rectangular filter for all 2007 Escapes. If your 2007 will not take a rectangular filter, this is the one you want!
yes indeed! when i was at wally world the other day, fram shows a part number (can't remember it now) for the cabin filter. the one at he store is rectangular, but is should be the odd shaped one for 2007 and up, correct?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It depends on when yours was built. Some 2007s take a rectangular filter, while others take the odd-shaped one. I don't know when the switch was made, so you should check before buying a filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm on fram's website now, it shows cf10548 for the 2009 escape & hybrid, but for 2008 escape it shows cf10548 and the hybrid is the cf10137. cf10548 is the odd shaped one and the cf10137 is rectangular. if any of this is correct, you definately should take off the cowl and look for yourself. thanks squishy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
are these stock on the 09 or a option?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andjayik said:
are these stock on the 09 or a option?
The place to install the filter is stock, but the filter's not included.

·
Registered
679 Posts
where is the location of this again?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts