Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2009 escape XLT I have a fin for locking and unlocking my question is does this mean I have an alarm system if someone trys to open my door will the alarm go off if I get the key fob to lock doors the doors lock and lights flash and horn beeps I've tried to test it by locking myself in car and opening Door from the outside but nothing happens could this of been turned off by the other owner if so how do I turn it on
Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
An OEM alarm was available up to 2008, not 2009-2012, and again available in 2013.
The fob (It is an IKT, right, with the buttons on the head of the key?) is only for lock/unlock/panic.
There wasn't even a dealer add on listed in the order guide, but frequently the dealers had a $500 alarm to install ($40 for them).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the information I appreciate it I guess know I know lol I do have a command start but no idea if it has an alarm it's a prostart it just unlocks locks and starts the car as far as I know there's no alarm but I don't know if these things have to be set manually or not but thank you for the information

1 - 3 of 3 Posts