1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
C/D was skirting on the fringes of reality with this review. :wacko: They have an enormous amount of anti-Ford sentiment at that rag. :spank: Seems like they always like to say that the Ford four cylinder engines sound agricultural :bang: . Makes me wonder if any of those dolts actually drove a tractor :( . Different sound entirely. :bust:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't have said it better myself. And that's one of many reasons that I'm no longer a C/D subscriber.

:D

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
I have a lifetime sub (thanks to my Dad) and the "auto-snobbery" at C/D isn't exactly subtle. :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not only snobbery, but it seems like anyone with a big ad campaign suddenly gets C/D's attention and praise.

What an amazing coincidence.

The Malibu? On the Ten Best list? There's a perfect example. :stifle:

·
Registered
72 Posts
jonas1022 said:
C/D was skirting on the fringes of reality with this review. :wacko: They have an enormous amount of anti-Ford sentiment at that rag. :spank: Seems like they always like to say that the Ford four cylinder engines sound agricultural :bang: . Makes me wonder if any of those dolts actually drove a tractor :( . Different sound entirely. :bust:
I'll have to tell my Dad. He drives his Ford Jubilee almost as must as he does his truck. He would probably love an Escape that had the same sound... :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jimmyv said:
jonas1022 said:
I'll have to tell my Dad. He drives his Ford Jubilee almost as must as he does his truck. He would probably love an Escape that had the same sound... :D
Tractors are honest machinery. Everything about them is right there for you to see. No fancy body parts, just what is necessary and nothing more. If the tractor is without the engine, or transmission. Well, you just don't have a tractor. Just most of the parts, save whatever is missing. That is why if figure that they use the terminology as a form of denigration. It shows a lack of respect for what helped make America what it is today, and they don't like it. And in my opinion "agricultrual sounding" is a compliment. Yet I don't cease to realize what those yuppy pretender wanna be whiners are really trying to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts