3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Initial Order Acceptance: 04/17/08
2009 Production Scheduling Begins: 05/15/08
2009 Production Start Up: 06/23/08

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm going to take a serious look at the 2009 Escape Hybrid with it's many additions and upgrades over the 2005 I currently drive.

We will be half-way through the 8-year warranty on the hybrid drivetrain and approaching 80,000 kilometres on the odometer this fall, so I will definitely take a test drive and do some preliminary negotiating with my local dealer(s).

However, if I want to "erase" the premium paid for the hybrid back in 2004 I should drive the vehicle another 2 years as the yearly fuel cost savings will have balanced out the equation by then. Hmmm... what to do?
-\/-

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'll be interested in your review of an '09 when you drive it. Since you have one of the first Hybrids Ford made, the changes should be interesting.

Since the leases on both of our cars expire within a few months of each other, we may get two Escape Hybrids, or an Escape and Fusion Hybrid. It's a little down the road from now, but we're thinking about it already.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You do all that to your cars, JP, and you don't even own them!? :spank: Don't you have to put it all back the way it was when you give the car back?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
jhande08 said:
You do all that to your cars, JP, and you don't even own them!? :spank: Don't you have to put it all back the way it was when you give the car back?
Nope...but it does help to know my dealer. Actually, they've never even mentioned any of the changes, just that my cars always look like I took them home, wrapped them up for three years, and then brought them back in brand-new condition.

But one of the sales people came in while we were trying to buy the Fusion. He wanted to know where I got the Edge's bodyside moldings, since they're not factory.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would doing a lease deal make sense for me? lol

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If you like the latest and greatest, and if you make mods that are mostly factory-like (solid but can be reversed at end-of-lease), then I'd say yes.

The payments are cheaper, the car is always under warranty, and it goes back before things start to go wrong (usually).

·
Registered
367 Posts
It also depends on how much you drive. The cost/mile starts adding up real fast once you go past the allotted miles, usually 12,000 miles per year. If you drive less than that per year, I say go for the lease, if you don't mind knowing that you don't own the vehicle. Also, don't go for leases that are more than 36 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts