Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Jet Chip plugged it in and the check Engine light came on. I contacted Jet and they had me return it and sent a replacement and again when I plugged it in the check Engine light came on
This is for a 2009 Ford Escape V6. Does any one have any advice?
:wall:

[mod]Moved to Powertrain Mods.[/mod]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a Jet Modual on my 09 Escape last week and I am very pleased with it. It took longer to disconnect the battery. This may sound lame to you, but is the modual fully seated, as well as the harness plug.
I had to push very hard to get mine to seat. Make sure none of the pins are bent as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
679 Posts
lets see picture?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It also looks like the only option as I was just told that SCT is still a couple months out at least on my VXB1 calibration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can not say If the Jet "chip" will help you off road. The "chip" is actually a module that rides piggyback from the ecu to the engine wiring harness as opposed to installing directly to the computer. My guess is that it modifies the ecu signals to the engine. What it did for my '09 was to get rid of the acceration lag, and change the shift points, and adding a few more HP. The new 6 speed would go through the first 2 gears almost as soon as the gas peddle was pressed. It does not effect emmissions requirements.The Ford ecu is programmed for the average driver that is satified with however their car performs, using any kind of oil and gas. The mod is more for someone who wants a little more. This has been my 3 rd Ford that I have "chipped". The Jet Module was the only one that I could find for the '09. It is easy to install and takes less than 5 minutes. The '09 Escape's ecu is located under the hood, in the center of the firewall. It is the plug on the left hand side, simple grasp the gray retainer on the plug, pull forward to retract the plug from the socket, put the module in the socket and replace the plug into the module. Press very firm to make sure everything is reseated. The other vehicles that I used the ecu mod on I also added free flow intakes and cat-backs on all are easy bolt ons for HP gains.
As of yet the 09 must be too new. I have not found a intake for let alone a replacement filter for the OEM. Magnaflow and Gibbson make a cat-back but you have to cut the original exhaust.
For me the Jet mod was worth the < $250 investment. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Scott63mo21402 said:
I can not say If the Jet "chip" will help you off road. The "chip" is actually a module that rides piggyback from the ecu to the engine wiring harness as opposed to installing directly to the computer. My guess is that it modifies the ecu signals to the engine. What it did for my '09 was to get rid of the acceration lag, and change the shift points, and adding a few more HP. The new 6 speed would go through the first 2 gears almost as soon as the gas peddle was pressed. It does not effect emmissions requirements.The Ford ecu is programmed for the average driver that is satified with however their car performs, using any kind of oil and gas. The mod is more for someone who wants a little more. This has been my 3 rd Ford that I have "chipped". The Jet Module was the only one that I could find for the '09. It is easy to install and takes less than 5 minutes. The '09 Escape's ecu is located under the hood, in the center of the firewall. It is the plug on the left hand side, simple grasp the gray retainer on the plug, pull forward to retract the plug from the socket, put the module in the socket and replace the plug into the module. Press very firm to make sure everything is reseated. The other vehicles that I used the ecu mod on I also added free flow intakes and cat-backs on all are easy bolt ons for HP gains.
As of yet the 09 must be too new. I have not found a intake for let alone a replacement filter for the OEM. Magnaflow and Gibbson make a cat-back but you have to cut the original exhaust.
For me the Jet mod was worth the < $250 investment. Hope this helps someone.
I called JET Performance before installing mine.... and he told me to plug the chip on the center connector... note that the left one has the same pattern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.