Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beloved daily driver, a 2002 Chevy Crapalier, is currently under the wrench getting body work done thanks to an idiot in a Saturn who wasn't paying attention. While it is getting fixed, the insurance company supplied me with a rental car. They gave me a 2009 Ford Focus SES to drive around until the Cavvy is repaired. I must say that Ford Motor Company absolutely NAILED IT with this car, I really don't want to give it back! It's roomy, quick, and handles beautifully. If this particular vehicle had three pedals under the dash, it would be even better. For as bad as the first generation Focus was a horrible car, this one is just amazing for what it is. And the SES is loaded with extras, power everything and the SYNC system is awesome...we have it in our Escape as well. Ford is really getting it right with their vehicles now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Focus A LOT, but I still want my Cavalier back. It was my wife's car, she bought it new. It's almost like a family member. That car has been beaten 8 ways to Sunday but still runs like a top. With the baby on the way, a second car payment is out of the question...I am driving it until it doesn't move without the aid of a tow truck or it gets demolished. But if anyone wants or needs a small car for themselves or someone else, the Focus is one you need to look at!

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
My boss had a loaner Focus SES after his STi got keyed and it had to go in for repairs. He said it "wasn't a bad little car". Not a bad review form a guy who's last 3 cars are/were a Subaru WRX STi, an Audi A4 and a Mercedes CLK 500. His biggest complaint was a "lack of power". No :censor:... :lol:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
When the marketing department of FoMoCo realize what a global market idea is they shall stop intermixing model names according to the markets they decide to target.
They call that SES a Focus.They could call it Dumbo, Turtle, or anything...but Focus? A comfortable and enjoyable car may be, but Focus?
They only defame the name model which in Europe is a pace setter.
2000cc and a loan moaner horse-power.Even the torque figures are dismal.
The same people are about to make a transvestite exchange between the Kuga and the Escape as of 2012.Luissville,KY will play the role of Casablanca.
It is obvious that the auto industry has reaced a point where the marketeers' input is damaging.Thousans of people have lost their job because of them.
Their failures and missjudgements over the past 30 years are tenfold the "lemons" of the engineers.
And to return to the "Focus".It is a great car, ranging from 86hp to 315hp...in Europe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts