Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I went and traded my 08 Escape for an '09 Mariner. I'm loving it so far, but it occurred to me that I don't know what the keyless entry code is! I am trying to avoid paying the dealer to find the code, so I'm wondering if anyone knows where the master code is located on the car? I've looked in some of the places suggested from a google session, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the manual says that it is supposed to be on the "Owner's Waller Card", which I guess the previous owner removed or misplaced. It's definitely not with the rest of the manuals and such.

I've found some posts online that suggest that the only way to get the code is to take it to the dealer. So I guess that may be my only recourse.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have
BeatJunkie said:
I saw another thread where jpark said:
"Actually, the 5-digit code should be printed on the label of the Smart Junction Box, under the front of the center console."

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1967&p=42625#p42625
Yeah, actually I have tried sticking my head in there with a flashlight and I can't see anything that looks like 5 digit code at all. I've kind of given up on finding the code, I have a dealership saying that they will charge 60$ to "find" the code, but I am going to call around as they tend to charge more for services than others.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
zeniq said:
Yeah, I have
BeatJunkie said:
I saw another thread where jpark said:
"Actually, the 5-digit code should be printed on the label of the Smart Junction Box, under the front of the center console."

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1967&p=42625#p42625
Yeah, actually I have tried sticking my head in there with a flashlight and I can't see anything that looks like 5 digit code at all. I've kind of given up on finding the code, I have a dealership saying that they will charge 60$ to "find" the code, but I am going to call around as they tend to charge more for services than others.
I've heard it two ways. One said the number is on the PATS module which is locate under the bottom half of the steering colume cover. The other said only a dealer using their IDS(computer) can retrive the code.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As a last resort, there's always the hard way of retrieving the code. It's a five-button pad and the code has to have five digits, right? So that means there's 5 to the fifth power number of possible combinations. Or 3,125 possibles. You can eliminate many of the obvious ones (11111, 22222, etc.). The rest might take 3 or 4 hours. I actually did this on a briefcase I was given without the combination. I hit the combo in about 45 minutes. It was a really nice leather briefcase or I wouldn't have gone to all that trouble. Good Luck!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
TheFixer253 said:
As a last resort, there's always the hard way of retrieving the code. It's a five-button pad and the code has to have five digits, right? So that means there's 5 to the fifth power number of possible combinations. Or 3,125 possibles. You can eliminate many of the obvious ones (11111, 22222, etc.). The rest might take 3 or 4 hours. I actually did this on a briefcase I was given without the combination. I hit the combo in about 45 minutes. It was a really nice leather briefcase or I wouldn't have gone to all that trouble. Good Luck!! :beer:
Hmmm...yeah that would be my last resort for sure!!! :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got back from the dealer, and had them give me the code. $40 wasn't that bad. I also asked them to turn on daytime running lights, and the guy told me that it was not possible and then said something about a safety issue? Is he correct?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
zeniq said:
I just got back from the dealer, and had them give me the code. $40 wasn't that bad. I also asked them to turn on daytime running lights, and the guy told me that it was not possible and then said something about a safety issue? Is he correct?
Something about safety? They don't want you to make your vehicle safer? :doh:
DRL's have been standard equipment here in Ontario for a little over 20 years now, I find it odd to see a car driving around with no lights on.
Here's what the insurance people have to say about daytime running lights.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
zeniq said:
You paid $40 for them to tell you the info that supposed to come with every vehicle??????? DRL is the law in Canada!

·
Registered
142 Posts
zeniq said:
$40 sure beats trying 3,125 different combinations. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts