Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 9 weeks of waiting, my custom order Mariner came in and I picked it up yesterday afternoon. It is everything I've been drooling over for the last few weeks. The little guy doing the quality control check on the interior is Zooey, rhymes with joey.

Cell phone picture attached... I'll post more when the battery charges up on my camera. 2 cool points to the person who can guess the year make and model of the car in the reflection...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Looks like a 2006 or 2007 Mustang with the sport appearance package. V-6, no?

Is Zooey the inspector a Bichon Frise?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
With the slight distortion and the driveway reflection making it look like two-tone paint, I was first going to say a third-gen Camaro. :lol:

But those wheels definitely say Mustang to me, so I'm going to go with the same guess as Jonas.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hi! ScotchtapeLoser. That is a beautiful " Mariner " you have there. Also thanks for the photo. :) :thumb: I checked out side profile, of car being reflected on the mariner duco. From the rear door going back, i will surmise it is a " Mustang ".

But i can not determine which year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jonas got it right on the first try. Its my sisters 07 Mustang. +2 cool points to Jonas

Here are some more pictures. I'm scheduled to go back to the dealer to get a detailing in a few days. The first thing I think that will change will be to go to a shorty antenna. I noticed how bad the OEM one sways around on the highway

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jonas1022 said:
Is Zooey the inspector a Bichon Frise?
Zooey is actually a pudgy maltese with his puppycut hair grown out. He agrees that the mariner is a nice truck but his only complaint is the rear windows don't roll down all the way and he's a little too short to look out comfortably.

He's an odd fellow. This is how he would look out of the windows on road trips in my previous Mitsu. Montero sport

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
VERY NICE MARINER!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks for the pics!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Your Zooey looks like our Bichons. I suppose that's because Bichons are Maltese crossed with poodles. I don't know what the mix ratio is, it's not 50/50 I'm told. Maltese were bred to be Captains dogs on trader ships to kill the rats onboard. Poodles were added to the mix to get a more laid back dog. :shrug:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spark757 said:
Love the Mariner! I wish I had a Mercury rather than my Mazda :D but you win some, you lose some
ahh but with the mazda you get to go "zoom zoom"

in the mercury i get to go... "New Doors Opened" or "Imagine Yourself in a Mercury now". Just isnt the same :shrug:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
jonas1022 said:
I forgot to add; it's painted Windviel Blue with silver/gray rocker panel stripping. ;)
Show off! ;-|

:lol:

Very nice Mariner! :clap:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I came out of the store to my car waiting for me in the parking lot and noticed someone backed into the bumper leaving a good size scratch. I'm hoping i can wet sand it and polish it out.... I've had the Mariner for 3 days. I knew it would happen eventually, but I wasnt expecting it this soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh, wow..that's terrible!!! I think I would have shed a few tears seeing that on a 3 day old vehicle :( , heck mine's about a year old now and I still would hate to see something like that!! Hope you're able to get it out!! Good luck, you have a very nice looking ride!!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
ScotchtapeLoser said:
I came out of the store to my car waiting for me in the parking lot and noticed someone backed into the bumper leaving a good size scratch. I'm hoping i can wet sand it and polish it out.... I've had the Mariner for 3 days. I knew it would happen eventually, but I wasnt expecting it this soon.
All I can say is THAT SUCKS!!!!! :cuss:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
What a rip! :( Probably a BMW. :bill:

Hope you can get it out.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
futameca said:

Hope you can get it out.
More than likely it was an elderly person with a Lincoln/Caddillac/Lexus or some other old person car and totally didn't know they bumped your SUV. Totally numb, and driving a numb car. :doh:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
jonas1022 said:
futameca said:

Hope you can get it out.
More than likely it was an elderly person with a Lincoln/Caddillac/Lexus or some other old person car and totally didn't know they bumped your SUV. Totally numb, and driving a numb car. :doh:
You can say it...I know you want to... or a Buick! :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts