Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Please post problems you've encountered with your 09' model. I'll keep it up-to-date in the first post.

- Rattle in both corners of the dashboard near the windshield (since it's new);
- Rattle in liner near sunroof;
- Water leaks through the liftgate window after a thorough rainstorm (Historical Escape problem);
- Severe passenger side rattle in suspension... was the bolt between the stabilizer bar and the link to the passenger side front strut that was lose (almost falling off!!!) Just had to tighten the nut and problem was solved;

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rattle in liner near sunroof.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Historical Escape problem: water leaks through the liftgate window after a thorough rainstorm

·
Registered
274 Posts
Severe passenger side rattle in suspension... was the bolt between the stabilizer bar and the link to the passenger side front strut that was lose (almost falling off!!!)

Just had to tighten the nut and problem was solved.

Pat

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated... thx guys !

·
Registered
312 Posts
Clunk coming from driver's side seat track when braking - replace seat track assembly.
Very faint squeek when turning steering wheel side to side - unresolved.
Odd noise or clunk when turning steering wheel quickly all the way to the right to the stop - unresolved but there is a TSB.
Transmission flare - Resolved with TSB
Liftgate glass doesn't always pop open by itself - it's not desiged to, per the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited

Metal on metal faint squeek when turning steering column ( dealer checking it now)

Clunk thump squeak from rear liftgate - it doesnt make the noise when liftgate is unlocked in down position but not closed. Dealer fixed with squeak kit and some grease on key areas but sound came back after a month ( at dealer again) drove another 2009 and was very quiet from the rear.

On cold start or when sitting for a while the steering wheel makes a thump when you first turn the wheel in either direction after starting the car (dealer checking now)

Steering wheel must be turned slightly to left to drive straight ( dealer charging 100 for alignment) says warranty only covers first 12k on alignment.

rattle clicking card in spoke sound from ac very intermittant and irregular. We pinpointed it was coming from an actuator for AC. Changed blend door actuator for dual climate control. Noise got better but didnt go away completely. Changed actuator on passenger side at base of console. Noise gone.

Those are the only issues I noticed and at 25k so trying to get them resolved before its out of warranty. I am sure I can solve them but was hoping the dealer had documented fix before I go at it.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
DaveJ said:
Liftgate glass doesn't always pop open by itself - it's not desiged to, per the dealer.
I noticed it does open by itself on a flat level surface if the front is higher then the back it does not open but if the back is higher then the front it pops open by itself. It was getting stuck at times so I just lubricated it a little and its fine now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts