Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Has anyone else had an issue with their seats turning white? I have dark charcoal cloth seats and both front seats are starting to turn white. I spoke with my dealer and they will put in a claim to Ford, but has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
187 Posts
What is your mileage and is the vehicle stored outside where loads of UV can reach the seats? Or do you get a lot of water in the interior? [I do at the boat launch with my Jeep]

I do know that the seats are made from enviornmentally friendly materials and that could be a cause for the fabric color to start fading. Although - one would have to question how the seats were tested if this is truly the cause.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 15,000 miles and is garage kept when at home and while my wife is at work. Interior never gets wet. I am driving her old 2002 Chevy Cavalier that has no issues with seat fading and it has a dark grey interior as well, and until a year and a half ago it was NEVER garage kept. I am just miffed that my 7+ year old econobox Crapalier has no issues with seat fading but my 7 month old Ford Escape does...makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You fell on the ice/salty snow, and then sat on your seats? :angel:

Sorry -- never heard of this issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
BurghBeagle said:
makes no sense to me.
Most definently it's an issue then. I'm going to say it was / is a production issue with the application of dye onto the soy based fabrics that these new fangled seats use. [Warranty Claim here you come]

I was asking about mileage so that I could report any similar conditions when I approach that mileage. [we share similar climates]

Sorry I am not more help...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am a car fanatic and have never heard of this happening unless it is a late model vehicle with cloth/velour interior that has been exposed to prolonged sun exposure in the southern USA. Burgundy has always seemed to be the worst. I would follow up with Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts