Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 black Mercury Mariner last week and I wanna know if anyone has gotten their tail lights smoked or how it would look? or if anyone has any pics would help please

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have not seen any on here. About the only option would be Lamin-X, or Nightshades Spray. Lamin-X would be less permanent/damaging. Neither would be legal. But, I agree -- I've never been a fan of the "clear" tails -- even from OEM. Clear looks OK on lighter colors like mine, but they really stick out on darker colors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i exactly get what you are saying like i'm not a fan of the plastic clear thing on the tail lights but it still doesn't look that bad like don't get me wrong i love my new mariner best vehicle i had so far but my guy who owns a garage said he can do my tail lights by using that spray but just don't know how it would come out because of the cover on the tail lights

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you end up tinting the tails? I'm thinking of doing this with my black mariner as well. Also like to do the side turn signal flashers. Just wondering if ya had pics so i could see what it would look like

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Probably used VHT Niteshades

·
Registered
621 Posts
If it were me I would do it this way....

Spray-on can come out uneven and too dark when the lights shine through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.