Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Escape...Where would be the best place to run the wires from the sensors through? I'm mounting the control unit by the amp in the back...I could probably find a grommet if I look long enough :shrug: hopefully someone can save me the hassel!

***UPDATE***

I completed the install and am happy to report it was relatively simple. I will post the install "how to" in the appropriate section :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
This may help others.
I have a 2007 V6 XLT. I opted to mount my backup sensor control module inside the small cargo area that houses the jack. I removed the passenger side tail lamp which revealed a large round rubber grommet that has the tailight wires running through it. Once you drill and mount your sensors into your bumper, you can snake your sensor wires across the underside of your bumper cover, then up into the area behind the passenger side taillight. I opted to slice a hole in the upper part of that aforementioned grommet, then bring the wires right into that cargo area where the jack resides. Tapped the positive wire for the backup sendor module into the purple/black wire that leads to the backup bulb and tapped into the black wire for my ground. Munted the actual backup sensor display inside that cargo area as well, with the speaker portion of the display facing towards the blank area used for the OEM backup speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.