Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6 and was looking to Engine swap with a v8. Is that possible? If so, what kind of engine is compatible with my car? And what would be a rough cost estimate. Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
What is directly drop in? Nothing. What are some options for lots and lots of fabbing?
Hmm
  • 4.6 DOHC with transaxle from a Continental? the engine is 9 inches longer (transverse, so side to side in the engine compartment) not sure about the transaxle but on'y 39 hp more...
  • V8 from a Taurus SHO (I think same bolt pattern as your current transmission) but lower HP from the 3.4 V8 than the 3.0 duratec V6...
Want to keep it FWD? What radical weekend or drag only vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 18 Mustang gt pp1(6sp) and I would say go with the 5.0… this one I have is supposedly rated at 460hp/420lbs tq. I say supposedly because I believe its closer to 500hp going off of the 435hp at the wheels it pulled at the dyno. We have done nothing to it. Stock everything. With the % drive train power loss i should have been closer to 410hp. I know Ford is good, but they have not figured out a magical new way to eliminate drive power loss%s, so the only thing i can think of is they are underrating the power of the 5.0. So use the 5.0 coyote gen 3.

What is directly drop in? Nothing. What are some options for lots and lots of fabbing?
Hmm
  • 4.6 DOHC with transaxle from a Continental? the engine is 9 inches longer (transverse, so side to side in the engine compartment) not sure about the transaxle but on'y 39 hp more...
  • V8 from a Taurus SHO (I think same bolt pattern as your current transmission) but lower HP from the 3.4 V8 than the 3.0 duratec V6...
Want to keep it FWD? What radical weekend or drag only vehicle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts