Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great board, that I just discovered. Thanks

Question: I am ordering a new 2010 Escape LTD as a company car, and due to fleet pricing, I can't add the Moon and Tune package with an upgraded radio. I really wanted the sunroof too.

Can I go in after the car is delivered, and install the Ford subwoofer, and will I have the equivalent radio, or would I have to add the Ford amplifier as well? If I have to add both, it may not make economic sense. I can't really seem to find any meaningful specs on the the difference between the standard and premium radios other than # of speakers and wattage.

Look forward to the advice from all the experts here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
johnconaway said:
This is a great board, that I just discovered. Thanks

Question: I am ordering a new 2010 Escape LTD as a company car, and due to fleet pricing, I can't add the Moon and Tune package with an upgraded radio. I really wanted the sunroof too.

Can I go in after the car is delivered, and install the Ford subwoofer, and will I have the equivalent radio, or would I have to add the Ford amplifier as well? If I have to add both, it may not make economic sense. I can't really seem to find any meaningful specs on the the difference between the standard and premium radios other than # of speakers and wattage.

Look forward to the advice from all the experts here.

Thanks
I'm unsure if the factory radio (non subwoofer included model) accepts a plug to connect the Ford mach subwoofer package, but when you get it you can pull the head unit, and find out. If so, then yes, you can do it. Sound sucks though, trust me. IMO, you can build an awesome false-floor system in this vehicle as long as you don't purchase the hybrid model (that space for the floor is where the batteries go!)

Including a nav deck, you can build a killer sound system for this vehicle under a grand, assuming you know what you are doing with some basic woodworking. Excluding a nav deck, you can do it for around $800 or less. The truck needs sound deadening, no matter what.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.