Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....My Escape has a had some instances of bucking and not shifting properly. Stupid me, I thought that it may be bad gas or fuel filter. Only until it would not move when I put on the gas at the stop light, did it occur to me that my Escape with just under 10k miles could possibly have a transmission issue. Service guy @ the dealer says it is the valve body for the trans. and that the part is not going to be available from Ford until at least 03-31-10. At that point, we have to wait for fulfillment and installation. We are looking at well over 30 days without the car. Have a loaner, but not the same at all. I miss the creature comforts of my car. Never mind the fact that this is a new car and there shouldn't be major mechanical failure to the point that Ford doesn't have the part available for a bloody month. Sadly, in all that I have read -- this is not an uncommon problem. Anyone???

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not yet and I pitty my dealership the day it does happen! This is unacceptable and waiting 30 days is BS. It is stories like this that frustrate the hell out me. Too think Toyota is getting a raw deal....what bout everyone else. Sounds lke every car manufacturer in North America sucks these days. :rant:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not trying to play one-upsmanship, but it's been worse than now.

I bought a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix, the first year of the X-body General Motors cars. I can't remember now how many recalls it had, but I have heard it was a record that has never been equaled. I only remember it sitting in the dealership for over 3 months for the first year I owned it mostly waiting for replacement parts. Did they give me a loaner car? Hell no. Did they offer to reimburse me for the rental car I had to get so I could go to work? Hell no. Did they offer to replace the car under a lemon law? Hell no, because lemon laws were passed afterward as a result of these horrible cars coming out of Detroit.

I vowed 30 years ago to NEVER EVER buy a General Motors car again. A lot of other people must have taken the same vow because GM is in bankruptcy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There... Bought my 2010 Escape 4x4 V6 Limited in October 2009... and had the infamous "hoot". Took it to the dealer and they replaced the drive chain. 3 weeks later the "hoot" came back... worse than ever.In addition to that, I always have thought that my ride shifted a little funny... almost like there was a lag between pressing the gas pedal and the acceleration. A few days ago, it had quite the jerk when accelerating from a stop. This is really worrying me... can you give me some insight as to how your Escape was acting before you took it to the dealer ? The Escape itself is a pretty cool little vehicle... but these problems are wearing on my nerves.... Thanks !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts