Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2010 Escape vs. Toyota RAV4

947 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Squishy 
#1 ·
I was searching the youtubes for some late model Escape vids and found this one here that I enjoyed. Gotta love this guy. Hope you like it.

[mod]Video has been fixed[/mod]

#7 ·
I have to admit, I have a soft spot for the RAV4 mostly because they build them in my home town. :thumb:
Not sure why companies are using that swing out door on the back of vehicles now. That's a bit of a deal breaker for me. Either someone is going to be parked behind you and you won't be able to swing that door fully open or you can park nose in and swing that long door into parking lot traffic. Did they test this in the real world?
Last time I was shopping for a vehicle I had to consider price, insurance, and maintenance costs so the Escape won hands down. (And it's a good looking truck) :wave:

#9 ·
Video worked for me.

In the event that the RAV 4 owner backs that spare into something, he/she is going to break the rear tire carrier, bend and ruin the railgate door (d'oh!), and shatter the glass. :fan: That to me is an incredibly stupid design :wacko: .

Then again, I have never bumped anyone with my back bumper on my car or truck :bill: , but my wife would be the RAV 4 driver :shock: , not me...and her driving skills are not what mine are. :fan: :wall:

Technician that I work with just bought a RAV4, but he was replacing a KIA Spectra. He definitely made a lifestyle improvement :thumb: . Then again, he paid too much. The RAV 4 cost him an incredible $8K more than our Tribute! For that money he could have owned a Tribute Hybrid with leather interior and a whole boat load of other optional equipment.

New: Parking Assist! My wife would love it! :yes:

#10 ·
I really got a kick out this guys presentation especially the "Lexon plastic" demo and how he quickly folds the rear seats, but doesn't show the headrests being removed and the bottom cushion pulled up. But that floor sure is nice and flat. I do like the RAV as well - a close friend of mine has the previous gen in 5sp and has been a good suv for their small family, but def. like this new Escape vs. the updated RAV even more. Even looks decent in that color in the vid, which I wouldn't have originally thought.
Agree with you guys, the tailgate on the RAV with the rear tire mount is definately old school and a negative. For the spare, I prefer the under vehicle location (same as on my Expedition), the Escape's liftgate and the rear window pop out is convenient for quick access (again, same as on Expy) too.

#11 ·
Hello Jonas. I was considering, the Rav4 before the escape.
Glad i did not make, a haste decision in regret.
Overall, i do not regard RAV4 as ugly.

#
The exterior is reasonable, but interior is a problem for me.
For example i enjoy, my transceiver hobby mobile.
The RAV4 cabin is not, user friendly for remote head mounting.
I checked top of dashboard.

#
The dashboard face. In between front seats.
In front of, plus at rear of auto trans.
There appears to be no location, for easy remote head mount.
So henceforth, this is why i purchased the escape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.