Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the mirrors don't fold in completely. Is it me or is that how ford really made these escapes?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
Mine don't fold completely in, however their ability to move has saved me as well. When I hit a mail box haha. Sometimes they folded the other way after going through the car wash.
Hit as many mail boxes as you please.No problem, as long as you do not hit the mail-person.
Police, FBI, KGB and Mossad will be after you.
And on a historical note...until the late seventies, in most countries, the outside mirrors were not allowed to protrude from the car's body and that is why they were mounted on the fenders.
With time the"wise" regulators found out that this kind of mounting created a huge blind spot for the driver...etc.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My 2009s bend both ways but do not fold in completely. This has been pretty typical for me with every car I've owned since the 80s with a couple of exceptions:

2004 Civic - fixed mirrors. Who at Honda thought THAT was a good idea....oh, wait...probably the guy in charge of selling replacement mirrors!

2007 Mercedes B class (current) - folds in like traditional Euro Mirrors. Ditto my wife's old 94 Golf.

What I hated about the 2010 mirrors was that convex mirror attached to the upper corner of both the driver and passenger mirror. I hate those - major distractions. Necessary if you are driving a truck, and add some on if you are towing a giant trailer, but the E/M/T isn't exactly a huge vehicle with giant blind spots.

Remember when passenger side mirrors weren't even standard?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get it. My 2005 escape limited did and my 2006 explorer xlt folded in. These don't

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
jc_slick said:
So the mirrors don't fold in completely. Is it me or is that how ford really made these escapes?
I don't think the 08s bend completely in. They do, as stated above, bend forward. I found this out when I also lost a mirror from a hit-and-run the vinyl shells are damn strong and durable, I tell you.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Katscan said:
kmoose said:
Remember when passenger side mirrors weren't even standard?
On the '63 Buick I have the mirrors were an option. The original owner had both driver and passenger mirrors installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts