Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Ford Escape. 3 Litre awd. It was replaced entirely in march of 2014 under recall. In 2021 I replaced myself the steering angle sensor (I had no shaking) which I bought from Power Steering Seals. Again a year later it has happened again. All fuses to the PCM were checked including the fuses inside the cab. #35 and in the engine compartment A which is an 80 amp. all good. My connections are all very clean. The odd thing is I have no shake or immediate turn to left or right, which was the case in 2021, but armstrong steering. I bought Innova 3160RS which has given me codes (C1963 Stability control Inhibit warning) and of course once again the dreaded 2278.
I also got a code earlier but can't find it again P06B8. Internal control module Non Volatile Random access memory NVRAM error. This code indicates there is aproblem with the NVRAM in the PCM.
I have not yet pulled the connections to the PCM itself.
My questions are I have to shimmy or shake. Isn't this supposed to be an almost tell tale sign?
Given its been a year since and it has occurred again. I am leaning towards a fault in the PCM.
What are your thoughts?

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
775 Posts
2010 Ford Escape. 3 Litre awd. It was replaced entirely in march of 2014 under recall. In 2021 I replaced myself the steering angle sensor (I had no shaking) which I bought from Power Steering Seals. Again a year later it has happened again. All fuses to the PCM were checked including the fuses inside the cab. #35 and in the engine compartment A which is an 80 amp. all good. My connections are all very clean. The odd thing is I have no shake or immediate turn to left or right, which was the case in 2021, but armstrong steering. I bought Innova 3160RS which has given me codes (C1963 Stability control Inhibit warning) and of course once again the dreaded 2278.
I also got a code earlier but can't find it again P06B8. Internal control module Non Volatile Random access memory NVRAM error. This code indicates there is aproblem with the NVRAM in the PCM.
I have not yet pulled the connections to the PCM itself.
My questions are I have to shimmy or shake. Isn't this supposed to be an almost tell tale sign?
Given its been a year since and it has occurred again. I am leaning towards a fault in the PCM.
What are your thoughts?
Welcome to the city, Warren

Honestly, go back to the dealer. I am not sure why you replaced the sensor so soon, if 'they replaced everything'. I am lost a little bit in your verbology… Are you getting the shake at different speeds, when you're hitting the brakes coming off the highway… What's going on?

I may be misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you had no problems, and you started replacing parts?
Maybe after all of the factory recall work, your initial problem is still realized
i'm only guessing, but it sounds like you got one tire the wrong size on your vehicle...
maybe a new one that replaced a catastrophic failure, when the others were about 75% spent?

could be a warped rotor, or two

I need some more detail on what is actually happening, when...
what you have done, and what your plan is

if I can't help you here, smarter people will

Reactions: Charles

· Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,828 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! Sorry you are having issues with your Escape!

· Registered
406 Posts
I guess I feel blessed now that all my recall warranted was a software upload, (to which is always why I questioned why Ford gave the dealers the choice on how to correct that particular recall).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts