Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into lowering my 2010 Escape V6 4WD and so far I find kits that say they work with up to 2009 but not 2010? Is there a reason for this? Also what are my options available to me - I see H&R is a strong option but their kits say up to 2009 as well.

Also anyone have any experience and/or pics with lowering new gen escapes?

Thanks,
-Jeff

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
New generation Escapes haven't changed suspension setup, so it has to work.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Not that I know of, but I skimmed cardomain and didnt see any. You can reskim cardomain.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
sounds good, what rims and tire are you gonna run??

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
As a precaution you should get coil insulators.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah possible noise....

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
20"s don't look too bad, but probably not a realistic option out here in Minnesota with our 50% swiss cheese roads, 50% actually-decent roads. Wheels almost look AMG-ish :peace:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know the effect on warranty when lowering an Escape.
Not that I want to dessuade you.

I could see some of the powertrain warranty being affected because of this (change in geometry and angles possibly adding unwanted strain on components). Maybe even some components that would usually be covered in the standard 3y/60000km (i.e. balljoints, tierods, bearings, seals, etc.).

You would be suprised what dealers can say to avoid paying for repairs.

That being said, I beleive an Escape would look awesome lowered on 20s...
I was planning on doing this at 5y/100000kms.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Powertrain shouldn't be affected. I could see them not doing warranty on suspension components (which doesn't bother me) also if something realliy goes wrong I could always swap back in the stock springs. Aggressive lowering would have more of an effect but this is just a 1.25-1.5in drop. Most people wouldn't even notice unless 2 escapes are parked side by side.

Imagine driving around with an escape full of passengers - Im sure it drops about the same. The car should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update - springs are in and fit well. They give a nice 1.5 inch drop in the front and the back is now leveled out to match the front (since the back is way higher from the factory) It rides a bit firmer but still very comfortable. You need to cut your rear bumpstops about 1-1.5 inches to allow for full suspension travel.

I'll have pics up soon in a seperate thread.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
The difference is noticable and the result is pretty slick. Now all you need are some Mariner side rocker panels and you have one mean-looking machine! :thumb: I wonder if you'll see any obvious 0-60 or gas mileage improvements...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tang said:
I wonder if you'll see any obvious 0-60 or gas mileage improvements...
And why would that be?
If anything, I would expect the 20s to give the impression of worse gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Epacse said:
Tang said:
I wonder if you'll see any obvious 0-60 or gas mileage improvements...
And why would that be?
If anything, I would expect the 20s to give the impression of worse gas mileage.
I was speaking of the reduced ride height, but true story, the extra weight is bound to null anything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts