Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes. I am considering purchasing a 2010 xlt with the sport appearance package. I have seen the marketing photo's in the brochure. However i would like to see pictures from a current owner. I like the silver but i cannot find one locally, i will probably have to order this vehicle and i just don't want to be disappointed when it arrives. I wish they would offer the package with blue or white paint. It annoys me that you just cannot get a vehicle the way you want it anymore.

Thanks to any of you that can help!

·
Registered
467 Posts
ok then... here it goes for the black on black version...

that's what it looks like! notice the rocker panel under all doors different from "normal escape"
headlamps that are slighter tinted black, ext. mirror and ext doors handle that are glossy
rear tailgate spoiler... interior is awesome with all that gloss piano black insert and just
remember that this one got the leather "canadian winter package" heated seat and leather steering wheel...

What i like the most is the fact that you don't see them much on the road... MMMM yet!

for a 850 cdn $ pack... it's worth every penny!!

g brown

·
Registered
20 Posts
OHH I really want to see in the Silver or RED. ( too bad no othewr colors in CANADA, I would love a White with Blk Pkg)

·
Registered
467 Posts
ah?

go for the red then...

this one is in a showroom with a ton of wax on it so...and i think it's a 2009 red color that is not availaible in 2010. it doesn't look like the sangria i saw...

awesome too!!

sorry for the silver... didn't found any photo yet...

and for the white with black... should like too much of a police suv in the state... :yahoo: :lol:

oh! a silver one i found

there is not much of color choice with the sport appearance package

silver, sangria and black ... i chose black hehe (the sangria red is a little faded red so you have to see it
in person to see if you like it really...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm Sangira RED is not bad, At least u see that its a sport package, on the BLK, its just like evreyone other BLK with BLK wheels, I know the grill etc is BLK, but it does not stand out as much.

I personally go for it in YELLOW!!!! With the Black trim, "Wasp Edition" or yellow Jacket :D:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics. I was hoping someone with a silver one would post some pics like that. That is a lot of black. The black looks good but is gonna be a PITA to keep clean. I think the silver is the best choice for me. i've done plenty of searches on the net for good pics of a silver one but no luck. I wish a local dealer had one i could go look at.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I like the black but it would be, a pain trying to keep it clean.
My escape is silver for a reason.
This means it stays, or appears to be cleaner for a longer period. ;)
I do not wash it every week.

But it is washed and detailed, at least once every month.
I take it to the detailers.
That ' Silver sport appearance package ' escape looks interesting.
Blacked out grill is a nice effect.

If i could afford the " sport package " model, it would be accessorised.
Those escapes with the new shape, for america and canada look nice.
Unfortunately ford do not export, that design for down under.

I have mentally accessorised, that silver " sport package " model.
There is a lot of silver duco. Henceforth anything in black for contrast.
Black sidesteps. Black roofrack.
The rear window, including all passenger plus driver glass to be tinted dark.
Dark as possible but obviously, it has to be legally permissible.
There is a large area of black grill.

For contrast, i would have a chrome nudge bar.
Then to balance the chrome, maybe it could be offset with a pair of black spotlights.
By this i mean the spotlight housing is black.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Crazyloch said:
Hmm Sangira RED is not bad, At least u see that its a sport package, on the BLK, its just like evreyone other BLK with BLK wheels, I know the grill etc is BLK, but it does not stand out as much.

I personally go for it in YELLOW!!!! With the Black trim, "Wasp Edition" or yellow Jacket :D:D
I personnally think that silver and red sport package seems accidented vehicles with parts from another one!!! :lol:

you see! everyone have differents opinions and that's ok like that...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I own 3 Black Cars!!! :D:D Its just it does not stand out on the Escape so much because everthing else is BLK :)

Love your ride. hehe Oh I ordered a Black one as well, so now I own 4 Black cars :) (Civic Si, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, New Ford Escape)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the link to the silver one. My first 3 cars i ever owned were red and i had my fill with red from there on out. I don't care much for red, the black is too much black for me so that leaves me with the silver. I just hate how brochure pictures always make things look better than they do in person. I still just wish i could find one locally and go look at it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
atran416 said:
I just ordered one in Silver. I also added the moonroof/convenience package, sync, ambient lights. I will post up pictures once the vehicle arrives in 6-8 weeks. Can't wait!
Congratulations regarding the new escape. :thumb:
Also a hearty :welcome:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! I'm surprised people don't add on the SAP that much, I haven't even seen one on the road yet and I live in a very high populated area w/ Ford Escapes flying off the shelves like no tomorrow. Apparently there's only 3 escapes in all of Canada w/ the option packages that I've selected. You gotta have the ambient lighting w. the dark interior! The wait begins . . .

·
Registered
467 Posts
atran416 said:
Thanks! I'm surprised people don't add on the SAP that much, I haven't even seen one on the road yet and I live in a very high populated area w/ Ford Escapes flying off the shelves like no tomorrow. Apparently there's only 3 escapes in all of Canada w/ the option packages that I've selected. You gotta have the ambient lighting w. the dark interior! The wait begins . . .
Me too... have seen just one in two months here in quebec...

look what i got from my vendor whilw waiting for it back in last november:

En cours d'expédition Expédié Convoi - Convoi # 61455 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Rampe 15, Kansas City Asy, MO Nov-09-2009, 05:30 CT Nov-25-2009

En attente d'expédition Remis à carrossier Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO Nov-07-2009 Nov-25-2009

En production Produit Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO Nov-06-2009 Nov-25-2009
____________^^^^____________________________^^^^^^^^__________________
En production Envoyé à usine Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO Oct-29-2009 Nov-25-2009

Dans le traitement des commandes Prévu pour jour (Nov-05-2009) Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO Oct-26-2009 Nov-25-2009

Dans le traitement des commandes Prévu pour semaine (Semaine -du Nov-02-2009) Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO Oct-22-2009 Nov-25-2009

Dans le traitement des commandes Non ordonnancé- Net Sep-30-2009

So i could see where my escape was while waiting for it...
Note that it was produced on nov 6th 09. It's a black on black sap with heated leather .

·
Registered
467 Posts
TopElimn8r said:
Does the spoiler help keep the back of the vehicle any cleaner? I ordered a black one so i know it is gonna be a :cuss: to keep clean.
backdraft on these vehicle is bad so the rear get dirty very fast even with the spoiler on my sap escape... but a couple of car wash (brushless) a month does the job even here in quebec city with lot of snow and salt....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.