Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2010 Escape Limited with V6, 6 speed Auto and 4wd. I just picked it up on June 24th (so I have had it less than a week). It had 340 miles when I got it and its now up to about 700 miles. I noticed something weird today and I'm wondering if this is normal.

My trip to work is mostly cruising down a country two lane at 65 MPH with a traffic light thrown in every once in a while. It's very early in the morning so I typically put it in cruise control at 65 MPH. When coming up to a light,I'll tap the brake to kick it out of cruise and coast up to the light. Pulling away from the light, at about 30 MPH I hit the resume button for the cruise control. When I do this, it will accelerate up to 65 MPH where it was previously set. But the transmission will remain in whatever gear it was in at the time I hit the resume button. So I end up at 65 MPH at 5000 RPM. I can easily work around this by just getting up to or near cursing speed before hitting resume, but this seems very strange. I do this all the time in my other vehicles (a 2001 Corvette - you wont hate me for driving a Chevy will you? It is a Corvette after all which I think should be an exception! and a 99 Subaru) so is this the way a Ford is supposed to work or is something wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also never tried...

Guess I'll see what happens tonight on the way home from work though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I do this alot but I don't get that result, I actually get a great response where as at times I forget and have to holdon or cancel the cruise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried it again on the way home tonight. It seems like whatever gear the transmission is in when I hit resume, that's the gear it stays in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts