Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
775 Posts
Edit; I think I had it updated in 2016 or 2017? Is there anything newer that will help. Cheers.
Sir, I would really recommend going to a transmission/oil change specific shop, as opposed to the dealer. First thing I would recommend is a reverse flush and refill of both your coolant, and transmission. I would also recommend a complete flush of your brake system.
all these services can be performed relatively inexpensively at a local oil change place

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
775 Posts
I have pretty much done everything in list, just not a flush. Not sure a transmission flush is safe at almost 300,000 km? Could it cause more problems? I have done some drain and refills.
When you did your drain/refill, did you change the filter? I would see how much the shift solenoids are, and whether or not you could access them by dropping the pan.
I had a 2001 Cherokee that I did the reverse flush every 100K miles, I sold it at 280K... I never had an issue.

The transmission is not unlike the coolant system, where a simple drain does not evacuate but maybe half of the fluid in the passages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts