Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2011 Audi A4

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  FRENCHY 
#1 ·
Finally traded in my 2003 Nissan Altima. Was hoping to go with Ford, but couldn't find what I wanted in manual. Went with a 2011 Audi A4. I thought the mods people do on an Escape were a lot till I started looking into what I can do to my Audi! Been over a month but happy with the purchase!

See less See more
#3 ·
ExplorerTom said:
There's virtually zero mods available for Escapes. Audis have hundreds.

Nice cars. I've heard they are expensive to repair though. Those crafty Germans engineered some ridiculously hard stuff to get at to service.
Parts are reasonable enough, but they get you on the labour. I had a 94 GTI and the heater core went. I swear that's the first part they hung on the line and they built the rest of the car around it.

#5 ·
Is that the TDI? Those TDI's are amazing. I was part of a group that Audi commissioned to drive 3 TDI's (A4, Q5, A6) from LA to NYC last fall. We were to do the trip in under 48 hours and exceed the EPA ratings by as much as possible. Both the A4 and A6 did 42 MPG, the Q5 did 38. Fantastic cars.

#6 ·
Funny you say that on the bumper since I already had it of already! Swapped out the grill. It's not a tdi but does have the 2.0 turbocharged four Cylinder. Thinking next year I might do a tune on it. You can actually take out the ECU and get it reprogrammed and adds some power. Seems like every mod you can do cost $500 + each time. This car might end up bankrupting me!

#9 ·
Nice car Scott :thumb: congrats.

My sister has a Q5, after driving it a few time highway and city, I still prefer my truck :shades:

After driving my uncle's Q7, I still prefer my truck.

But they are really nice looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.