Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to know what my future blue steel sap will look like, i falled on this 2011 tuxedo black metallic sap escape...

Just noticed that the 2011 sap doesnt get the roof rack anymore (i think it gives a nice look though).

Also, it's not the same black i have now, it's metallic...

hope to see mine soon!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not so nice because i only have my cell phone 1.3 mpxixel when saw it at dealer but I really wanted to see 1 2011 to see the little differences with the 2010.

The big one is the absence of roof rack like i said and I was also beeing said that this year the mykey and message center are now included on all escape.

Also this black tuxedo metallic coolor is awesome. mine will be steel blue though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just noticed that the 2011 sap doesnt get the roof rack anymore
Actually the SAP package has always deleted the roof rack. However, the roof rack returns if a sunroof is ordered. I believe this is because the roof rack somehow physically supports the sunroof. Also, the roof rack returns if the cargo package is ordered. The result is that there are very few SAP packages that don't include the roof rack.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it wasn't like that last year (2010 model) as i've ordered only factory hitch, canadian winter package(leather) and sport appearance package (no cargo cover nor sunroof) and i got the complete roof rack with bars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't speak for Canada, but in the United States of America the roof rack isn't included with SAP unless sunroof or cargo package is ordered.

From the 2010 Escape Order Guide:

Sport Appearance Package
Painted high-gloss black grille and lower front appliqué
Blacked out headlamp treatment
17"x7" Premium black wheels (4) with machined perimeter
ring, mounted on P255/65R17 A/S BSW tires (4)
Gloss black mirrors & liftgate spoiler
Body color door handles & rocker moldings
Charcoal Black cloth or Available Charcoal Black leathertrimmed
seats
Black interior finish appliqués
Chrome interior trim: Door handles, Air vent trim rings and
shifter knob insert
Vinyl door trim panels
Heated Exterior Side Mirrors
Note: Roof rails are included on the SPORT Package (47E)
when paired with Sun & SYNC® Package or Cargo Package

Note: Only available with Charcoal Black interior environment
and Sangria Red Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic or Black
Clearcoat exterior paint colors
Note: Not available with 17" Chrome Clad Wheels (647)
Note: Leather-trimmed seats requires Leather Package (63G)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i must admit that without the roof rack it gives a nicer look to the s.a.p....

Also easier to clean and wax :yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
gbrown69 said:
So i must admit that without the roof rack it gives a nicer look to the s.a.p....

I'm not on here much, so excuse me if it's been answered before, but why did you get a sap and change the wheels? I thought 90% of it's good looks come from the black wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought 90% of it's good looks come from the black wheels.
I think the wheels are about 37% of the good looks.

Black grill = 9%
Blacked-out headlamps = 9%
Black fascia = 9%
Body colored mirrors = 9%
Body colored door handles = 9%
Black rear spoiler = 9%
Smooth body colored skirts = 9%
Black mag-style wheels = 37%

I think the black wheels look good also, but I'd like to see a different style. Particularly one that allows the use of a wider tire. I think some of the wheels that Ford is using on the various Mustangs would look good on the Escape.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mathessd said:
gbrown69 said:

I'm not on here much, so excuse me if it's been answered before, but why did you get a sap and change the wheels? I thought 90% of it's good looks come from the black wheels.
That is my 2010 sap black escape. i just ordered a new 2011 sap blue steel and will keep two set of black wheels so the chrome you see on mine is traded in with the vehicle, the original mags have the winter tires on it.

I'll have a set for winter and a set for summer. No need to switch tires anymore and always have the look of the sap escape :yahoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.