Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want one of the current Escapes, get it soon, because 2011 will be the last model year. Also, there will be no 2011 Mariner, but you probably already knew that.

The 2012 Escape will be an all-new vehicle based on the new Focus platform. It will NOT be the same as the current Kuga, since the Kuga will be redesigned as well and replaced with the 2012 Escape.

Here's the 2011 Order Guide: files/2011%20Escape%20Order%20Guide.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice, so it seems the 2011 model will have everything the convenience package addon to the XLT standard model huh ^_^....

other than that, it seems all the same to the 2010 model...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
wonder what 2012 will look like

·
Registered
51 Posts
oskerb said:
Maybe something like this? I rather like the current looks and size/utility as hard as that is to comprehend. Moving to a smaller size can certainly help weight and aero for better EPA mpg ratings, but I for one am not looking to downsize from the current version.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
LIEscape said:
oskerb said:
Maybe something like this? I rather like the current looks and size/utility as hard as that is to comprehend. Moving to a smaller size can certainly help weight and aero for better EPA mpg ratings, but I for one am not looking to downsize from the current version.

:cuss: :cuss: :censor: :cuss: :cuss: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wonder what the new "Smokers Package" includes. An ashtray? It's only a fleet option, I guess for rental cars?

Curious as to the difference between "Tuxedo Black" and the Black they are replacing. I do like the Blue Flame Metallic though, looks a little darker.

Is the coat hook in the 2nd row of the '08-10 Escapes? In my trib, it's in the cargo area and hangers fall off all the time. :wall:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
oskerb said:
LIEscape said:
oskerb said:

:cuss: :cuss: :censor: :cuss: :cuss: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote
I second that, as Ford in Europe cannot design a 4X4 at all, viz Maverick MK1 and 2, and the Kuga.

Something like this would be nice....
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... OtONaGzasC

·
Registered
6 Posts
The link to the canadian order guide does not work. Can anybody post or link me to the 2011 Ford Escape Canadian order guide?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
There will be a 2012 Escape with only minor mods out this summer. The all new C platform will be a 2013 model that you should be able to buy in early 2012. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
MAT said:
There will be a 2012 Escape with only minor mods out this summer. The all new C platform will be a 2013 model that you should be able to buy in early 2012. Don't ask me how I know this.
How do you know this?

Actually, I knew this too. :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tang said:
MAT said:
How do you know this?

Actually, I knew this too. :lol:
Boy, I sure do hope you two are wrong. :censor:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
My guess is the 2013 will pull a move very similar to the 2004.5 Volvo S40.

·
Registered
420 Posts
if ther gonna mess around n ruin the escape (use a focus platform) after 2011 i may as well save up for a ford edge limited. maybe i can get a 2008 edge in 2015...

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you know where they are going to be built the answer is there. I wish they had more details on the 2013 to see if it's worth the wait. I know I'm looking forward to the new C1 Focus ST in 2012 too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
6foot9inchmonster said:
I wonder what the new "Smokers Package" includes. An ashtray? It's only a fleet option, I guess for rental cars?

Curious as to the difference between "Tuxedo Black" and the Black they are replacing. I do like the Blue Flame Metallic though, looks a little darker.
I had the black 2010 Sport pack escape and now the 2011 steel blue S.A.P. and the difference between the tuxedo and the black is that the 2010 was pure black without any flakes in it and the 2011 now has an multi colored metal flakes in in the clear so it's now a metal flake black that they called tuxedo...

on my steel blue s.a.p. the grill is now tuxedo black and you can easily see the flakes in the paint...

that'S the difference

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Tuxedo black is actually black paint with small glass beads instead of metal flakes. Regular black is just black metallic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts